Are you using your time efficiently?
Notice I did NOT ask you if you are multi-tasking and getting massive things done just to check them off your list.
I’m asking you if you are truly using your time wisely and efficiently. #timemanagement
You see, TIME is the one thing that you can never get back. Once it happens, it’s over. Done. And until they invent time travel, you have lost that moment. And this one. And this one.
How you CHOOSE to use your time can make or break your success in your career and your life.
And only you can decide HOW you want to spend your time. But to help you out a little bit, here are are few great things to invest your time in that will breed great results for you.
1. A Great Workout Program. Whether you want to lose weight, or just stay in great shape, change up your workout program and set a tangible goal for what you’d like to achieve in the next three months. #workout
2. Revamp your audition material. Take a look at your monologues and songs and weed out the stuff that just isn’t working for you, and add some great new material that does. It’s always fun to surprise the folks on the other side of the desk with something new and wonderful.
3. Create an additional stream of income. Everybody can use some extra cash these days. So why not start bringing in some extra money using the skills you are really good at. If you’re great at bookkeeping, offer to tally receipts for a friend. If you like kids, offer to babysit. Or discover one of the many networking marketing companies where you can generate #passiveincome.
4. Consistent baby steps. Choose 1 or 2 baby tasks you are going to do every single day. These should be tasks that are super easy to do, and if you do them everyday, will make all the difference. Something like vocalizing every day for 15 minutes can have massive impact on your long term goals. Find at least 2 things you can and WILL do for 15 minutes everyday and watch the amazing results.
5. Finish that project. I’m pretty certain that you have some kind of project that you’ve been talking about forever that isn’t complete. Maybe it’s finally time to finish that screenplay you’ve been writing, or create your own cabaret or finish your voiceover demo. Click here to learn about my cool WOW! Project Program. #wowprojectprogram
6. Get back in class. I’m a firm believer that actors of all levels should maintain their training throughout their career. Being in class, or studying one-on-one on a weekly basis is CRUCIAL for an actor’s success.
These are just a few ideas. Now YOU decide how you would like to invest your time.
Leslie Becker is an award-winning Broadway actress, writer, and creator of The Organized Actor® and is passionate about inspiring, entertaining and educating others. Sign up on the website for more tips for workin’ your acting career and your life. www.OrganizedActor.com.