Can you believe it? We’re only 2 months away from the end of the year!!!
That seems absolutely crazy to me! Didn’t we just begin 2018?
Whether that sounds exciting or a little bit scary to you, I’ve got to ask you one important question:
Have you made it to the goals you had for the year?
In fact, do you even remember what goals you set for yourself?
I’d like to believe that if you are an avid follower of The Organized Actor®, you did indeed set some goals for yourself and have stayed committed to them. But if you haven’t… DO NOT FRET! December 31 might seem uber close, but you can actually accomplish a HUGE amount in 2 months.
It’s a great time to really narrow down your top priorities and finish out the year with a BANG!
Here are 5 great ways to help you achieve your goals powerfully by the end of the year:
1. Choose your most important goal. Whether you’ve had a list all year, or you’ve just realized you need to make it happen, choose ONE that really speaks to you and make it NON-NEGOTIABLE for you to achieve it. This is the big one. This is the one that supersedes all other goals. Commit to it with everything you’ve got, so you can feel excited and inspired for the rest of the year. #prioritize
2. Make sure your goals are in your control. While it is super important to know your underlying juicy goal of starring in a TV series or originating a principal role on Broadway, in truth, you don’t have any control over whether someone casts you or not. So be sure your goals are written in my Fool Proof Language and that they are IN YOUR CONTROL. Need help with that? Download my Fool Proof Goal Setting Audio Program. #foolproofgoals
3. Choose a word for the rest of the year. Decide on one word that is going to represent what you’re going to focus on, and use it help you make all your decisions and take all of your actions. For example, maybe your word could be VALUE… valuing yourself, having others value you, knowing your value, etc. Having a defining word gives you the foundation for everything you are working for. #definingword
4. If you don’t have a goal, get one! If you’re struggling to choose what’s important for you to accomplish for the rest of the year, look inside the two biggest areas — your health and your finances. Maybe the rest of the year is about getting all of your health checkups. Or maybe you want to finish all of your bookkeeping for the year, so come tax time, everything is already in order. Choosing a goal in either of these areas will lead to peace of mind and a sense of being in control. #setanewgoal
5. Stay present each day. It’s super easy to start to feel the stress of the end of a year, with holidays starting up and the weather changing. So don’t add to the stress by freaking out that you haven’t gotten a goal accomplished. There is still tons of time to make things happen. And while you’re at it, why not start putting $25 a week aside for holiday gifts right now, so you have some extra cash when the holidays do arrive? #staypresent
What’s YOUR favorite way to kick your goals into high gear at the end of the year? Comment below!
WANT MORE FREE TIPS? CLICK HERE TO JOIN LESLIE’S MAILING LIST! Leslie Becker is a Broadway actress, Billboard artist and best-selling author of The Organized Actor®. Since 1994, her teachings have empowered thousands of actors to be strong individuals so the highs and lows of the industry are balanced by a strong belief in themselves. As an actress, she has appeared in 10 Broadway and National Tour productions, and she has starred in over 50 regional shows. She is the host of the Facebook Group Organized Actor Alliance and offers free tips for actors at www.OrganizedActor.com.